Distressed Chalk Paint Kitchen Cabinets

Distressed Chalk Paint Kitchen Cabinets. Just a light dusting and they were ready to paint! And the answer is….pretty darn well.

hand painted furniture ideas Paintedfurniture
hand painted furniture ideas Paintedfurniture from www.pinterest.com

I am in love with my kitchen renovation and chalk paint!! It can be added to any flat latex paint, so the colors are limitless. The opaque beige glaze was applied using delicate brush strokes to achieve this “sanded down” look, without actually sanding down the paint up to the wood.

How To Distress Your Kitchen.


I recommend using my savvy sister’s chalk paint dust. I am in love with my kitchen renovation and chalk paint!! I am a chalk painting fiend.

It's Expensive And Does Cover As It Says But I Think You Might Be Disappointed In How Distressed Your Cabinets Will Look In A Short Time.


How do you whitewash kitchen cabinets? Unlike regular paints, the key to getting a great distressed look with chalk paint is to make your cabinets look old, and a bit banged up, before you start painting. So today is the day i thought i’d tell you how my chalk painted cabinets have held up over the years.

I Distressed All The Edges Then Waxed The Cabinet With.


Bust out the antiquing glaze. The opaque beige glaze was applied using delicate brush strokes to achieve this “sanded down” look, without actually sanding down the paint up to the wood. See more ideas about distressed kitchen, kitchen remodel, kitchen redo.

I Am Going To Line The Inside Of This Door With Cork For A Hidden Bulletin Board.


When all of the sanding is done, clean clean clean. Instead, use warm soapy water. We hope you feel inspired to try working with chalk paint for your next project, whether it’s refinishing your kitchen cabinets or something else entirely.

I Cannot Wait To Use It Again On My Kitchen Table, Bathroom Vanity, Living Room, Etc.


Calgary cabinet painters can help if you you don't want to do it yourself. To whitewash cabinets, dip a clean paint brush in a whitewash pickling stain and apply it using smooth strokes from the bottom of the cabinet to the top and then back again. The chalk paint dries really quickly.

Copyright © 2021

Kitchen Design Basics